Thursday, March 10, 2011

Paging Dr. Deadpool....

Though it may seem like I'm a one-topic pony, this is actually a nice segway into my next post.
Remember when I discussed my love for the Dr. McNinja web comics?
Well it seems that my love for ninja-themed web action is getting eloped with my love of Marvel mercenary comics.
As a normal person would say, Chris Hastings of Dr. McNinja is going to write a story for Marvel's Deadpool!
It has to do with hammers. Get it? Hammer time. Yeah.
Personally, I can't wait. I'm ecstatic. Giddy. Hastings is an amazing writer, and perfectly captures the inexplainable mindset of these comics. The deranged humor, the impossible-yet-plausible plotline for stories like these, and the clever-yet-imaginative violence. Hastings is a professional at writing all three.
I don't care if you don't like comics, I don't care if you don't like me, but please. I beg of you. Give these a try. Spend the measly four dollars and buy the first comic when it comes out. Make the industry proud. Even if the market is swamped with Deadpool stories. (Didn't they recently cancel one? This seems counter productive.)
In case you can't tell, I happen to be a big Deadpool fan.

Did I mention that I once dressed up as Deadpool for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment